Larry King live, Martha Stewart, and reality shows

Today, I was watching the Larry King live with Martha Stewart. I am very intertested to the answers Martha gave out to some tough questions. Somehow, I just donot believe that’s what Martha has in mind when she is answering the questions. What if, just if, there is a lie detector present on the talk show? Would it be cool to see a green light or red light blinking along when guests are answering the questions.

Talking about reality shows, some guys or gals faking making decisions in fake place under fake scanerios. It is 0% reality and 100% showmanship. I hope when Donald Trump is listening to the apprentices’ defences, there is a tie detector on the spot for everyone to checkout.

This gets me thinking. What would the world be if we are easily tell the lies from the truth? Legality aside, parents want to know whether their kids are telling the truth. Businessman would love to see firsthand whether their competitors are just bluffing. HR can do better candidate screening. Heck, if I could have one in Las Vegas, I might even be able to beat the house.

So, the question is, how small and effective can we make it. Google "miniature lie detector" returns only handful results. Mostly are spy-related technologies. Damn, another wonderful business idea is killed by google search. Well, life moves on. If I have to face such a gadget, I am left with one defence: If I truly believe in it, it is not a lie.

No comments: